United Airlines Unaccompanied Minors- How Do I Plan Air Travel For Children Traveling Alone?
Are you sending your kid alone on a United flight? Whether your child is traveling to visit family, attending a summer camp, or going on a school trip, United Airlines can provide peace of mind. The United Airlines unaccompanied minors policy ensures that your child is supervised and looked after from the time they board the plane until they arrive at their destination. Learn more about what the airline has to offer for unaccompanied minors and how it can help make your child’s trip a safe and enjoyable experience.
How to Book Unaccompanied Minor Travel with United Airlines?
Before you plan a trip for a minor, it is important that you understand the rules and regulations of the airline you are traveling with. United Airlines has specific policies in place for unaccompanied minors, and it is important to understand these before planning your trip.
You can book United unaccompanied minors in a few simple steps. You just need to know the age requirements and the policy for sending them aboard. Let’s start by looking at every requirement you need to fulfill before sending your precious child to travel alone.
Unaccompanied Minor Age Restrictions
There is a set united unaccompanied minor age group for whom parents must request the service before sending them to travel alone. Here are the details:
- Children between ages 0-4 can not travel alone with United Airlines, and there must be a passenger of 15 or more years of age accompanying them.
- The airline requires that all unaccompanied minors between the ages of 5 and 14 must be enrolled in the United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Program.
- For those aged 15 through 17, the airline’s standard unaccompanied minor policy and fee still apply.
After confirming the child’s age and providing contact information, you can book the tickets and pay up the unaccompanied minor fee. Call United unaccompanied minor phone number before doing anything and enjoy the best services from the airline.
United Unaccompanied Minors Fees
The unaccompanied minor fee for United Airlines is $150.00 per child per one-way trip. The fee applies to both domestic and international flights in addition to their ticket fare. This fee covers the cost of providing a dedicated flight attendant to accompany the minor during the entire flight.
Booking Flights for Unaccompanied Minors
Know a few things before you book your unaccompanied minors on United airlines to travel alone. After that, you can follow these steps:
- Use the United Airlines website to book your minors by selecting the correct age group.
- You can either call the desk at 800-864-8331 or visit your local United Airlines ticketing office.
- It’s important to call and inform them about the drop-off and pick-up person details at the airport.
- The United Unaccompanied Minors Desk will help you make the necessary arrangements for your minor, such as assigning a guardian and ensuring that all safety requirements are met.
The airline picks the seats for your children to ensure they get the type of care they need. After 72 hours of finishing your bookings, the airline books the seats.
What are United Airlines Airport instructions for Unaccompanied Minor Travel?
Once the arrangements are made, know what to bring your minor to the airport. First, you may provide an identification document, such as a passport or birth certificate, for the minor. In addition, you must give a completed Unaccompanied Minor Form to the airline. This form should be completed at least 48 hours before the flight. In addition, know these details:
- Make sure to arrive early and bring all the necessary documents, such as passports and boarding passes.
- There will typically be a separate line for checking in. All unaccompanied minors will go through a special security line.
- At this line, they must share the identification and answer questions.
- The minor can then proceed to the boarding area.
- United Airlines staff will be present to assist unaccompanied minors.
- They will provide a special board pass that must be shown to the flight attendant before boarding the plane.
- You can drop the minor at the gate or ticket counter and which is handled by an airline employee.
- The minor should not be left alone at any point and should always be accompanied by an adult.
- The adult should provide their identification and sign the appropriate documents.
- Upon check-in, the minor will be given a badge to wear that clearly identifies him or her as an unaccompanied minor.
At the gate, the minor will be pre-boarded onto the plane and taken care of by the flight attendants until the plane departs. To ensure your child’s safety throughout the travel experience, the comprehensive United Unaccompanied Minor policy will be the most beneficial.
United Airlines Pick-Up Instructions
When it comes time to pick up the United unaccompanied minors, there are a few details the pick-up person should know.
- First, the kids should wait for an agent to get them off the plane.
- The airline agent brings the child to a person who came to pick them up.
- This person should bring a photo identification of themselves and the child.
- In addition, they should have a copy of the Unaccompanied Minor Form and a copy of the minor’s identification document.
- The pick-up person should also know the flight number, date, and time of the flight, as well as the gate at which the minor is arriving.
In addition, United Airlines provides a variety of options for managing your booking if you are traveling with an unaccompanied minor. Use United Airlines Manage Booking service to adjust your ticket details before the flight.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your United Airlines unaccompanied minors travel experience is a stress-free one. The Unaccompanied Minor Desk is there to help make sure that the minor is safe and secure during their travel. If you have any questions or concerns, it is best to reach out to the desk before making any plans. With the right preparation, you can ensure that your unaccompanied minor travel experience is pleasant.
The post Does United Airlines allow Unaccompanied Minors to fly? appeared first on Skywayfare.