A new airline plans to make its debut in North America this spring.
Starlux Airlines, a Taiwan-based carrier, is set to start nonstop flights between Los Angeles and Taipei, Taiwan, on April 26, according to news agency Focus Taiwan.
Los Angeles is also the first destination in Starlux’s network outside of Asia. The carrier already operates flights to Japan, Macao, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free biweekly Aviation newsletter
Starlux initially plans to operate flights between Taipei and Los Angeles on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. In June, the carrier intends to increase the daily schedule for flights between the two cities, according to Focus Taiwan.
Tickets for flights between Los Angeles and Taipei go on sale Feb. 14, and the carrier will operate all flights between Los Angeles and Taipei on an Airbus A350-900.
StarLux first made headlines in 2018, when it ordered 17 Airbus A350s as a relatively unknown startup. The carrier fashions itself as a luxury airline, offering fully flat seats in its business-class configurations.
Starlux is also slated to launch flights between Taipei and San Francisco later this year, and is potentially looking to add destinations in the eastern U.S., according to Focus Taiwan.
- When is the best time to book flights for the cheapest airfare?
- The best airline credit cards
- What exactly are airline miles, anyway?
- 6 real-life strategies you can use when your flight is canceled or delayed
- Maximize your airfare: The best credit cards for booking flights
- The best credit cards to reach elite status
- What are points and miles worth? TPG’s monthly valuations